Recently, SSE&G attorney Thomas Haren was lead counsel in a defamation defense case related to the pending rape case in Steubenville, Ohio. Thomas represented, along with Jeffrey Nye and Marc Randazza, a blogger who broke the story about the social media postings of some of the teens involved in the alleged rape.
The defense team successfully obtained a dismissal of all of the Plaintiffs’ claims, and in return one of the Plaintiffs posted a statement on the blogger’s website. Below are links to various news stories in which Thomas was quoted.
- Steubenville lawsuit raises free speech issues around comments on sexual assault case – Cleveland Plain Dealer, December 23, 2012
- Rape Case Unfolds Online and Divides Steubenville – New York Times, December 16, 2012
- Steubenville lawsuit over blogger and anonymous comments settled – Cleveland Plain Dealer, December 27, 2012
- Judge delays blog lawsuit ruling – Herald-Star, December 11, 2012
- Henderson rules on blog posts – Herald-Star, November 20, 2012
- Judge: Preserve computer info in blog case – Herald-Star, November 28, 2012
At SSE&G, we believe that reputation management is an essential part of any case covered in the media. We make media management an integral part of our case strategy for each client. If you need a lawyer, please don’t hesitate to call our law firm to speak with an attorney as soon as you can. Don’t wait, your life is too important.